Back at Christmas, I surprised my wife with a family road trip through the west coast. Fly into Vancouver, rent a car, then drive all through the Rockies and fly back from Calgary.
My wife had never been to British Columbia before, nor had she driven through the Rockies. Willow had never been on a plane. So it would be an adventure for everyone.
While our flights were booked, the actual itinerary was left intentionally blank. The only things that I knew for sure, were that we’d go whale watching in Vancouver.
I’ll do another post with some pictures, but the TLDR of the trip is:
- Whale Watching: no whales spotted, just seals & sea lions. Still awesome
- Stanley Park was beautiful and gigantic
- Whistler was just as pretty as the last time I was there
- Four Seasons Whistler was GORGEOUS and their outdoor pool was nice and hot despite the cold weather 😎
- Kamloops could have been skipped
- Kelowna is gorgeous and I LOVED the vibe. I could definitely live there
- Had a BBQ with some great friends, which was such an awesome highlight for me
- Banff is such a cute and tiny little Village
- Fairmont Banff springs looks nice from the outside/lobby, but is definitely not worth the money to stay at
- My daughter was a ROCKSTAR on the plane
Pics to follow.